Friday, March 14, 2008

Beijing Belly

I guess I have been quite lucky. Zach got it the second week here. But now it was my turn. And it is not a great experience...I am talking about what they call...the Beijing Belly...or tourist diarrhea. I have been knocked out in my bed for 2 days now. I have a feeling it was the food that we ate for lunch on Wednesday. We get delivered lunch boxes to work from some dodgy local chinese place. And the food is crap! But since its for free and we are on a minimum wage...its what we eat. But no more!! From now on...we are getting Annie's, Tim's Roadhouse, KFC or any other western takeaway! I know that when being in Beijing...do as the Beijinger...but not in this case. Even the locals find the food disgusting. Anyway, I have finally got rid of the bacterias that invaded my stomach...now it is just the question what I will be celebrating with tonight. I need to have a bit of a treat. Leaning towards Schindler's Angestelle. Best German food in town. Spatzle with pork medallions and creamy mushroom sauce!!! There u go stomach...u deserve it!! / Martin

No comments: