Sunday, December 23, 2007

Closing time...

Our time in Manly has come to an end. Four and a half years of studies are finally over and we are ready for the real world. Or are we? I know that I am ready for adventure but I have no idea what kind will await us in Beijing. Zach seems more ready for what is coming. He will pave the way for me as he starts two weeks before me. He is a brave one! Zach will prepare himself by spending 4 days in Kuala Lumpur poolside sipping Mojitos. I will have a week in Sweden and a week in Norway before its time for me to head EAST...
There have been some planning and organising prior to us leaving Australia. Boxes of our dear possessions have been sent and visas obtained. Not without problems. The visit to the Chinese consulate gave a first hand look at what we are in for in Beijing; not being in majority and not speaking the language.
I have purchased a CD with simple phrases in Mandarin. The language is so different from Swedish and English that I wonder if I will ever be able to make myself understood to the locals in Beijing. Practice makes perfect.... / Martin

No comments: