Monday, January 28, 2008

Days goes by...

I haven’t updated the blog for a long time, but it is not because I am lazy but because we have been busy like crazy here. This is the end of my first month of work…We work a minimum of 12 hours a day and I had about 3 days off this month. So as you can see, we are working very hard. But it is all good, because I seriously love what I am doing and I do not mind spending all this time at the office. All our workmates are great and the atmosphere at the office is great. As well working with a GM like ours is an amazing experience. I am learning so much just being around him. I don’t think I could have chosen a better job to start my career. The only bad thing is that it does not leave us much time to enjoy ourselves. Our days are usually work, home, sleep….very boring but really need the sleep. Went out a few times, there are quite a few good places to go out in Beijing so that was a very good surprise. The best part is that our apartment is located very close to a few very nice bars... But it is a big change from Manly where we use to go out a lot more. Since I arrived I went out clubbing three times and we had a party at our house once that is about all the night fun I had in a month...which is close to nothing.

Otherwise Beijing is a very nice city. I like it even though it is so huge. It is kind of difficult for us to get around because the of the language barrier. Like Martin said, every time we step out of the house we are up for an adventure. I think this is what I like the most, the fact that you have no idea how things will unfold in most situation. Sometimes the language barrier is so huge that it is impossible for us to do anything. This really makes you feel like you retarded or disabled and it is hard to get use too. Like yesterday we wanted to go to the post office, but it was impossible for us to understand each other, therefore no posting!!! Here simple things are not simple and requires patience. Even shopping is a pain in the arse, everywhere we go we have people trying to sell us stuff. There it is important to start bargaining to not get ripped off… and sometimes it is not very easy.

With Martin we realized that our blog has not been updated to much lately and to make it more interesting for you reader we are going to link to a photo gallery so we can share our pictures directly with you. As always Martin keeps snapping around so we already have heaps of pictures. We will try to set it up ASAP, but it might have to wait until Chinese New-Year next week. There we will have a week holiday and we will be able to catch up on things we have put aside. / Zack

No comments: